This may or may not be an accurate title for this post considering that we went to a total of only 2 bars last night, but nonetheless, there it is. There is apparently a dive bar directly across the street from my building. It's super cute inside, the walls are bright yellow and red, and they had $1 Jaeger shots. I had no money, so did no shots, but it's across the street, so I'm sure I will return. There were a lot of kids there that looked to be about 18ish, but they stayed in the back room. We ended up meeting a couple from Manchester, England who are doing a bit of traveling around Europe and they were really really cool. We're actually hanging out with them again tonight before they leave. Once 2 very very sloshed men decided to sit with us, we decided it was time to move on.
The next bar we went to is right next to Shelby's house, and was packed with people. Almost everyone there was drinking either beer or a mixture of wine and soda water, which is something Hungarians love, and has a name so hard that I cannot pronounce, much less remember. We met some guys who spoke little English and had some of the loudest laughs I have ever heard. Anna and I decided to move away from said hyenas and went to the back. Eventually everyone migrated back there and we met 2 other Hungarians who spoke little English, but they were funny and did not have obnoxious laughs.
One last note, if you think Americans smoke too much, or think bars are too smokey, then you haven't been to Hungary. Everybody and their mother smokes here (literally). The really adorable grandmother down the street, yeah she does too. It's perfectly acceptable to smoke indoors, almost everywhere. So when you go to the bars, it's like being in a steam room of smoke. While not always bothersome, it lingers on your hair for not only hours, but days, no matter how much you wash it. I very well may come back to the states with a case of black lung. So on that cheery note, hasta luego!
Brooke. That's not how you spell adventure.
ReplyDeletehey now, i know, it was an accident. it makes my blog unique haha
ReplyDelete