I hope you all thought of the song when you read that title. I've got 20 days left here before I return, which means 25 days until Christmas, and about 32 until my birthday. I've got a week and a half of class left, and then a useless week of finals (I have none) to wait around until I leave. In the last days that I have here, it's made me do some thinking about a few things, that are, I will warn you, cliché, but true! I promise!
Firstly, I want to act. I want to sing. Yet, I told myself that I didn't want to do this anymore. And, we all know, that I want to be something different every few months. But, is this what I'm supposed to do because I keep coming back to it? Or, is it just settling because I haven't found what I really want. At least I know that 2 of the people I am closest to in my life are experiencing the same thing. Why am I crazy and thinking of auditioning for a show when I am taking 7 classes next semester. Not only that, it's a show I don't know, and I said the only way I would come back from this sabbatical was to do a show that means something to me. I could go on for hours people.
Secondly, and this is the most cliché part is that I have realized who means the most to me, and who my true friends are, blah, blah, blah. I've really begun to realize how important my sister is in my life, and how much of a friend she has become to me, and that I value her opinion as much as my mother's, father's, or best friend's, not just the opinion of a little sister. I've also discovered how to rekindle friendships that I never thought had the possibility of being remotely the same. Both from friends at school, but also from home. I've realized that no matter what the topical quarrel may be, that there are spirits in the world that cannot be fooled with, and no matter what will come back together and can be just as strong if not stronger for before. It gives me hope for humanity really. But, I'm also thankful to have my second sister back. Perhaps there are those that I have had, or currently am having a dispute, which can be overcome, and on the other hand, there are those whom I realize I would maybe no longer like to associate with. Cruel, but reality, people.
To conclude, I have a question for all of you, relating to the idea that this is the final countdown, and consequently the end of this blog. I've really really enjoyed writing this way, sort of like a continuous memoir. My question is this: would you/do you think that I should begin a new blog? And, if so, do you think it should be along the same lines as this, or is there some goal that should be accomplished? Feel free to post a comment, tell me on facebook, heck, you can even e-mail me (brookehain@gmail.com) with your thoughts and ideas if you so choose.
Anyway, I'm off to Prague this weekend, and that should be for an interesting blog post, and an enjoyable time, especially after finishing the minimal work I've had for the semester. Hope you're all getting ready for Christmas!
Happy Hanukkah!
One. GIRL! Why are you taking seven classes?
ReplyDeleteTwo. YES to a new blog. Pleeeease.
ok well 5 and then two 1 credit classes. do you think i should just write something similar to this, my trials and tribulations, maybe with more links, and a tad more vulgarity since it won't be connected to McD?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete