Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

[Untitled]

Well, it's 3:15am here and I can't sleep for about the 7th night in a row.  Never have I had a problem sleeping, as most of you know, and here I am with an 8:30am class in a few hours and I can't sleep.  It's painful really, and hopefully tomorrow I won't slip into another one of my famous naps that can last hours, furthering the mess that has become my circadian rhythm.  (also, the fact that my apartment is bloody hot right now is not helping me to fall asleep, but the thermostat is in my roommate's room)

This past week has, again, not really been eventful.  I haven't really felt like going to class as of late, as it has become rather mundane.  There is also something just so unappealing about having a class that is 3 hours long.  No one's brain is made to pay attention that long, especially when your professor is boringly lecturing about "biology".  I say it this way because my bio class is actually a chem class, or whatever other useless junk my professor wants to talk about.

Over the weekend I was supposed to go to Aqua World again, but my friend didn't feel well, so we went shopping instead.  And, while I did need a few things, I probably spent just a teeny bit more money than I should have.  However, I did have a fabulous time hanging out with Verena, as I typically do.  Sharing our unhealthy obsession for Hello Kitty by going into a store that basically only sells Hello Kitty apparel (I didn't buy anything), and talking about the social and cultural structures of India, Europe, and America, which is always fun and enlightening.  While I love my friends from the states and miss them dearly, I am going to greatly miss Verena when we leave.  Not only because I have a good time with her, but also because I learn so much from her, especially about other cultures.  And, American friends, I hate to break it to you, but that is something that we just can't give to each other.  

Only 35 days until I'm home, and hopefully before then I'll have made it to Prague and possibly back to Vienna, so you can look for some more exciting posts.  I apologize in the dull lull it seems this blog is having right now (isn't it weird how words sound the way they mean, and evoke feeling in the process "dull lull", sorry to go English nerd).  I hope all of you are starting to get ready for Christmas, and hopefully it's the right temperature where you are and not 65 degrees like it's been here.


No comments:

Post a Comment