The adventure for this week was Aqua-World, one of the biggest indoor water parks in Europe. Now, I've been to water parks in the states, and to be honest, didn't really care for them. They became the sort of thing that I would like to do once, but never do again. I opened my mind and went to Aqua-World, and thank goodness I did, because Europe knows how to do the water park well. Not only was everything super fun, but it was also SO SO SO clean, I never felt like I was going to be getting some strange disease.
The water everywhere is warm, so it sort of has a similar feeling to going to the baths, but is much more family oriented. There are swimming pools with underwater fountains and showers and jets both inside and out. They are the same temperature, so you can see the steam come off of the water when you are outside, which is super cool. There are six water slides. Three where you use tubes, and three where you use your body. The best part, is that to get to the top, you can take an elevator, which I was more than happy to abuse the use of. I don't really care for water slides using my body, they are small and tunnel-y and burn your back. I did, however, try all the tube ones. My favorite is called UFO. It goes from light to dark and back again with a sort of green hue. Before you come out at the end, you're dumped into a very large flying saucer deal where you spin around until you got to the bottom and spurted out the end. Priyanka and I got stuck, and we were going backwards and couldn't stop laughing to help fix this dilemma. There is a wave pool that is easy to handle, even when you hate wave pools, i.e. me. A kiddie area that is absolutely adorable, and has many options for the kids with bubbles hanging from the ceiling. There is a mayan ruin motif with slides to use in that portion, and a surfing pool where you can surf (duh) with supervision and safety gear. One of the cooler things we saw was a gigantic beach ball floating around in the pool. I saw it moving and wanted to play with it, until we then realized that there was a girl inside it! I think it was only for children, but looked so fun! We saw a girl going in one, and they zip it open with a big zipper to get inside, then pump it full of air. The best part of all of this, is that I paid about eight American dollars for all of this, with a free shuttle bus. I forgot my camera of course, but you can check pictures out on Seth and Priyanka's blog. I am also hoping to go back, so hopefully then I will get some to post. Check out the link up top to see some!
No comments:
Post a Comment