Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Joy of Mid-Terms

This week has had me working my butt off for mid-terms, just as they would at home, but perhaps here I am taking them a little more seriously considering that for certain classes they can be up to 50% of my grade.  Honestly though, the amount of work that I have had the past 3 days or so would be considered a normal work load at home, if not a light one, which then makes me feel lazy.  I've gotten in a routine here of taking a daily afternoon nap, hanging out, and eating.  But, today when I woke up from a mere four hours of sleep I felt the tired that I feel everyday when waking up at McDaniel.  It was oddly comforting, and then obviously also completely awful.

I will now allow you to make fun of me for the small amount of work I did have to do.  I had three tests between Monday and today.  All of which were pretty intense, either because of the material, or the sheer length.  I needed to do three readings, and write one 800 word paper.  Main campus students, start yelling at me now, I know you have had far more work than I this week, but this feels like a crap load considering it is the most work I've done since finals week last spring.  And, because of this, I crashed when I got home from class today at five and woke up at ten, and now I am just willing myself to go back to sleep for the night.

Let's face it though, when you take a three hour Skype paper break (thank you Steph), and the paper only has to be about three pages, double spaced, something is wrong.  I feel so lazy, and yet so depleted of brain cells all at the same time.

I hope that for those in the process of taking mid-terms, you are having good luck in studying and getting work done.  I'm sure you are all doing fantastically, and I send my best wishes across the ocean (or the continent for a few of you) for the rest of the week.  Just think, we're half way through!  Only seven more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment