For those of you wondering what I am up to while living in Budapest for 4 months!
Search This Blog
Saturday, October 9, 2010
The Memories You Miss
Tonight was my sister's junior year homecoming, and while I haven't felt homesick in a few weeks, I'm sort of pleasantly feeling it now. Is that possible? Bittersweet would be the better term I suppose. I'm hoping that I was able to capture the moments of seeing her in the process of getting ready on skype, with the family bustling about accurately, but there are little bits missing of course. I really just wanted to be able to be there with her to help her do her hair and hang out while debating whether something looked stupid or not, and then being the obnoxious older sister that comes and takes too many pictures. I guess I'm lucky that my dad is coming next week to relieve a little bit of that, but I just wanna hang out with my family. Is that too much to ask? Steph and I often have conversations as to why people think we're so weird to want to hang out with our parents and families rather than go out on a Saturday night, but tonight, I don't care if I am considered peculiar, it's not even that I want my mommy. I just want to hang out with the super cool people that are my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And Brooke, one of my hopes for my children is that they will one day want to hang out with me. Not because they have to, but because they want to. Your mom and dad sure did something right!
ReplyDeleteBrooke it is understandable to want to be home for your sister, what a great sister she has in you. Again enjoy your time of exploring other cultures, these opportunities don't come often enough. Colette's photos look great and I am sure she wanted you to be there too. Your photos of Greece look great, I really like the photos of the Parthenon.
ReplyDeleteI hope Katie thinks Kurt and I are cool when she's older!
ReplyDelete