Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Blueberry Muffins Never Tasted so Good

So, my flight did leave Budapest, and I am currently watching the sun rise over the alps in Zurich.  On my way to the airport I had a wonderful taxi driver who spoke pretty good broken english and we talked the whole time.  I remember that Bryan had written on my list of things to do while abroad, "Listen to the cabbies stories, they may look hard on the outside, but they have fascinating stories."  well, something to that effect.  And I'm thinking to myself as I read it, this is never going to happen in Hungary.  But alas, on my last day it did.

I met some nice British ladies at the airport who were on my flight to Zurich and were then going to Hong Kong.  And, I ran into Seth and Priyanka before their flight as well.  I'm pretty sure there was some sort of bomb scare, maybe drugs, while I was there.  They made me move from my seat, only to close and block off a whole restaurant and then bring in about 10 police and a dog.  Not the most comforting ever, but the dog didn't seem to find anything.

I spent the night in the Zurich airport, which has a lovely lounge area for overnight guests.  They have a mini-hotel type deal that I wasn't able to get into since it's been booked due to the weather in Europe right now, but the lounge area with cots, water, and sheets FO' FREE!  So, i gladly helped myself and slept for about 6 hours, and oh was it glorious.  Never again will I fly through Heathrow.  The Swiss know how to do it up right.  Especially since my cot here was more comfortable than my bed in Budapest.  I was not pleased about this fact, but quickly fell asleep.  I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and found my way to my gate relatively easily.  And, I got to eat a blueberry muffin for the first time in four months.  Hence, the title.  I should be boarding in about 1 hour and 45 minutes, and will soon be landing in Philly.   Thank you all for the well wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment