Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Végén: The End

So, I suppose this is my last post, and I also suppose that I am a little late in writing this considering I have been home for about 3 days now.  I got into Philly nice and safely and cleared customs just fine, even with the sheep skin that I brought into the country without declaring.


There are still some things that are a tad bit strange to me since being home.  Everything seems so far away and large.  Pretty much every time I have gone into a store to buy something I almost always say köszönöm before realizing that I need to say thank you.  I haven't ventured behind the wheel as of yet, but things are feeling more and more normal and less and less surreal each day.


Even though I believed that I wouldn't, I am already missing Budapest.  More than anything I miss living in the city, but despite the awful food, I miss the city of Budapest nonetheless.  And, now that I have had some quiet, I am missing those noisy, yet wonderful Bilos that basically lived with me.  I'm sure some of you are reading this thinking that I am perhaps a little hypocritical, but I do strongly believe that going there or even just going away was something that I needed to do.  I also want to clarify that it was not the place that I am from that I missed, but the people that were there instead of with me.  If I had the choice, I would have flown everyone over there, but that was obviously not an option.


I also thought that appropriately enough, "Eat, Pray, Love" was the movie that was played (in addition to IRobot, which I mainly watched for Will Smith's body).  It was sort of a premise and theme that I took with me while preparing and being abroad, and it just seemed to be a little more than coincidental that it was the movie the airline had chosen to play.  I feel somewhat refreshed since being gone, and was really able to confirm some ideas or thoughts that I had been having, but needed clarification on.  


I hope everyone had a bountiful end of the semester ( in grades that is), and is enjoying being home with family as much as I am.  Thank you for reading this semester and giving me feedback, your interactions were always friendly distractions from my minimal homework.  I hope you all will join me in my next blogging endeavor, which I hope to start with the new year, and my birthday.  I'm still trying to work out some kinks with what to write about, or if I should have anything set at all.  And, honestly, it doesn't make much sense to start something new when so much comes to an end.  Or, maybe it does since the new year is really the start of something at the end of something old.  Is that redundant?  Theoretical thoughts tend to get that way with me.  Anyway, enough babbling from me.  Hope to see a lot of you soon now that I'm back!


Kellemes Karácsonyi Ünnepeket és Boldog Új Évet
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment