Well, I wrote this blog post last night, and then my internet just decided to stop working right before I posted it.
For the past 36-48 hours I've been going on a "True Life" binge since finding out that it is one of the few shows that MTV will let me watch out of the country. And, while many of you have already judged me on this, but let me defend this. There are exceptions, but I do think that overall the show gives a way for those within my age bracket to find out about different things that not only affect the population at large, but shows that they do affect those within our age bracket. Not only that, but a lot of them are pretty interesting.
Other than watching tv I've pretty much just been studying and getting ready to leave. And although I've been preparing to leave it hasn't really hit me that I'm about to leave for good, as far as living circumstances go. I guess I'm feeling pretty similarly to when I was leaving the States to come here initially. I know that it's happening, but until I'm into that awful fifth hour of the flight, I don't think that I will actually believe that I'm going back to Carroll County for quite awhile. So, I suppose I'll spend the last four days doing who knows what until I do leave at an ungodly hour on the twentieth.
Even though I have been wanting to go home pretty badly now for the last month or so, I've begun to become a little bittersweet about leaving the city, especially now that it's Christmas time since everything is much more in the spirit than anything in the states. I think I'm probably really going to hate not having everything at my fingertips and that whole thing called driving.
I suppose that technically there is more I could write about, but I've currently got a lot of stuff going on in my head at the moment, and while it would probably be somewhat cathartic to write it out in this form, I don't think that I'm really ready to put it in a venue where anyone who read my blog has access to it. I know I just sort of let the cat out of the bag, but I imagine that if you want to know more you already do or will get in contact with me.
I hope everyone's finals went/are going swimmingly and that you are all getting ready to go home and are preparing for Christmas. Boldog Karácsonyt!
No comments:
Post a Comment