Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

I, unfortunately, am not as excited to write this post as I once thought that I would be.  My Halloween weekend was good, but nothing spectacular in my eyes.

Not a very good photo, but a ballerina picture for you all.
Friday night was the big Halloween party for the international students here in Budapest.  It was at a club called the White Angel, which is pretty legit to be fair.  And, I probably would have had a much better time had they not allowed herds of people in.  Our whole group got together beforehand to get ready which was really really fun.  We had such an array of costumes! Cleopatra, a  Native American, a mermaid, a cave woman, a ballerina (me), a sailor, two devils, Jasmine, space commander Shelby, a doll, the list goes on.  Yet, by the time we left to go to the club around one, I was sort of just ready to go home, but went nonetheless.

It was an experience, to say the least, but really was not my scene at all.  Am I an abnormal twenty year old  because I don't like going clubbing and staying out late?  I don't mean that in offense to anyone I'm here with who may be reading this, but more as an introspection of myself.  Sure, I enjoy going out every once in awhile, provided I know where I am going, but I feel like because I am a twenty year old, college student to boot, that I am supposed to love going out to clubs and drinking, but I just can't into it, and I end up feeling left out, when it's really no one's fault.  I left after about an hour and a half or so because I really couldn't stand being fallen on by wasted pirates, and shoved out of the way by men dressed up as Venus and  Williams (and yes, they body painted themselves brown).  It became too much of an overload.

The next morning I had to get up early to go to the National Art Museum.  The guide that we had gave us actual historical facts, not art history.  Basically, she used the pictures as those in a picture book.  "Here is Szent István, he was such and such a person and contributed the following things to Hungary." However, I learned nothing about the styles of the painting, or how Hungarian painters fit in with the world view of art.  It was very frustrating since I woke up after four hours of sleep and travelled forty-five minutes, but probably should have been expected with the class it was for.  And on top of it all, my camera slipped out of my hand and is now broken for good.  So there goes some more money that I am not actively earning.  The day brightened up later when I got to talk to two of my best friends for about two hours each.

As a side note, I found out that I can't audition for "Rent" because I won't be back in time, another contributor to my strange mood I'm sure.  Even after vowing to myself that I wasn't acting anymore, I'm pretty bummed about this one.

However, last night I kept having one bad dream after another, and am now in the funkiest mood.  Sorry this blog post isn't very well written, and probably isn't very interesting to read, but I told you I would write, and thus I did.  Hope you all have had a fun and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. I finally started spending every weekend hanging out with Nathan, Jeneice and Andrew instead of going out, and I'm very happy about it. I'm just not into the whole "flirt with guys I'm not dating" scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah, I am so jealous. Please tell me I can hang out with you guys when I get back lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE GOING OUT WHEN I GET THERE, NO QUESTIONS.

    ps - I get there in 3 weeks. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete